Following up on the success of the iOptron CEM60 center balance equatorial mount, we at iOptron are excited to introduce two new medium payload center balance mounts. The CEM70 and revolutionary CEM70G are new standard bearers for equatorial mounts in the 70lb payload segment. Both models are packed with advanced features however the CEM70G is the first of its type with an onboard optical guiding system increasing tracking accuracy while streamlining the components resulting in a more portable imaging setup.
Retaining the inherent properties of the center balance design, these relatively compact medium payload mounts deliver what astronomers expect in an efficient accurate portable mount. With precise GOTO pointing and accurate tracking (PE <±3.5 arcsec) the CEM70 is a solid performer for observers and imagers alike.
Innovative operational features such as the internal iPolar electronic polar scope, easy lock drive gear engagement (levers large enough to use with gloves), an advanced cable management system for the mount, iPolar, guider, and camera, and cumulatively assure users the CEM70 and 70G designed with their needs in mind. On top of the built-in guiding system the CEM70G also comes standard with WiFi and USB 3.0.
(Tripod/Pier not included.)
- A new design, center-balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload with natural stability
- Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Payload of 70 lbs (31.8 kg) with the mount weight of 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
- Easy to use and reliable gear clutches
- Precision altitude and azimuth adjustment.
- Precision stepper motor with 0.07 arcsec accuracy for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- iPolarTM electronic polar scope
- Go2Nova® 8407+ V2 controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built in heater
- High precision tracking with low periodic error (PE)<±3.5 arcsec
- Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
- Onboard iGuiderTM autoguiding system
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Built-in WiFi for remote operation
- USB3.0 connection
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- Advanced cable management system with more choices
- Spring loaded 8″ Vixen/Losmandy dual saddle